Friday, April 13, 2012

Steelers: Mike Wallace, Offseason and Draft

Alot of analyst and just people in general see the Steelers on the decline however I do not maybe I'm bias because I'm a Steelers fan as well as a redskins fan lol but I just don't see it and here's why:

We have a franchise QB in big Ben whose underated to say the least and we have a solid running game with Redman who I believe will be the Steelers starting RB and will have a Breakout season  from now on unless Mendenhall is healthy and takes a pay cut. The tight end corps are also decent enough to make plays with Heath Miller and the new addition of Leonard Pope.

The linebacker's are always a seal to be great and the secondary is becoming more stout even though william gay left.  I see no weakness remaining on the defense because youth has now been Infused in on the line and with continuous built from the draft it will once again be Dominant.

Also the Wideouts are above average and play makers. Surprisingly I'm not a huge Mike Wallace fan and I think he is the 3rd ranked receiver we have behind Brown and Cotchery. If ward was still playing i would have him ranked 4th I know some people will be scratching there heads but it's just my opinion Wallace to me is just an over glorified deep threat whose incapable of making all the catches. I'm hoping some team makes a splash for him so we can land another first and be in great position for the NFL draft.

My ideal draft is for someone to give up a 1st round pick within the top 15 to 18th so we can have the opportunity to draft David DeCastro the best gaurd in this class and one of the best I've ever seen or another top linemen like Jonathan Martin.  Also giving us the opportunity to draft Dont'a Hightower with our true 1st round pick and pick Alameda Ta'mu with the 2nd round pick to replace Casey Hampton. And with our 3rd round pick possibly picking up Bobby Massie or another gaurd.  Then with the 4th pick up any slack at wideout with Marvin McNutt, Chris Givens or A.J. Jenkins all who I believe are underated . Then with the 5th or 6th round pick get someone who is a sleeper like Robert Turbin, Vick Ballard or Terrance Ganaway who can be the eventual starter or provide depth and rotation. Then with the final two picks get someone who can provide depth in the secondary or maybe a kick or punt returner because Polamalou or Clark aren't getting any younger. Our CB's still need depth and we could use a Breakout returner because we all know a good punt or kick return can change a game.

Again these are all my opinions and I can easily see the Steelers winning 11-5 this season and even 12-4 and if there record is lower like 10-6 they will be the most dangerous playoff team if players can stay healthy.

Thank you for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment